In this role you will…
- Create and manage budgets, resources, timelines and project tracking tools.
- Drive and maintain the momentum within a project. From individual detailed tasks to full overview.
- Liaise with clients to track updates, identify impacts on the projects and manage the requirements of all project stakeholders.
- Run internal meetings and client meetings. Proactively engage in the process of joint decision-making.
- Facilitate risk management (D/PFMEA) events with the product development phases.
- Source services and parts from local or international suppliers.
- Occasionally roll your sleeves up and dive into supporting the team with CAD development, drawing checks, supplier reviews etc.
We are looking for…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar with 3+ years of professional experience in technical product development or design engineering role – preferably within the cycling industry.
- Completion of a formal training/certificate/qualification in Project Management.
- Strong understanding of Project Management Principles (e.g. briefing documentation, work breakdown structures, communication plans, risk management and scheduling).
- Demonstratable experience of applying your project management skills in a professional setting. First-hand experience of the bicycle supply-chain in Asia and/or Europe would be an advantage.
- Deep understanding of bicycles. Preferably from your professional experience but could also be from your personal interests.
- Strong understanding of the product development process, from brief to manufacture. Preferably with experience of working alongside international manufacturing partners.
- Exemplary communication skills, with the ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately to international stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal skills and emotional intelligence with an ability to build an alliance with and influence your co-workers.
- Fluent English speaking. German language skills would be advantageous but are not essential.