In this role you will…
- Create 3D models from our design team’s surface proposals and prepare details for manufacture.
- Create 2D drawings for frames and individual components complete with all required tolerancing, call outs and GD&T.
- Build prototypes with KISKA’s well-equipped automotive standard internal workshop.
- Assist in the diagnosis of independent lab test results and FEA analyses.
- Contribute and participate in both D & PFMEA’s.
- Support the team in continuing to develop our shared processes and competencies.
- Use your experience to coach and mentor our Junior Engineers.
We are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar, with 10+ years experience.
- Highly literate and experienced in the process of bicycle design from brief to production. First-hand experience of the bicycle supply-chain in Asia and/or Europe would be an advantage.
- Demonstratable experience in bicycle engineering bicycles. Preferably with a focus in either mechanisms, geometry/ergonomy, suspension kinematics, cargo solutions, composites, metal structures, or injection molded plastic components.
- Independent thinker with the ability and experience to complete engineering projects.
- Ability to collaborate and be a team-player as required. We’re a cross-functional team from a variety of disciplines, cultures and nationalities that regularly need to pull together.
- Highly proficient in solid and surface Solidworks CAD modeling, GD&T tools and PDMWorks.
- Demonstratable experience of designing for manufacturing techniques used in the bicycle industry (e.g. forging, casting, hydroforming, composties and injection molding).
- Fluency in English. German language skills would be advantageous but are not essential.