Senior Apparel Designer
Salzburg. Full time
Guide our team of designers
Our apparel team is growing and we’re looking for someone to perform a critical role. Integrate with a capable team and oversee the creation of ground-breaking apparel collections for a wide range of clients. Apply your skills across a variety of segments (including sportswear, motorsports, and footwear) and generate collections which take innovation, style, and protection to the next level. Directly communicate with our clients and translate their desires into a workable creative brief, from which the newest evolution of products can be drafted. Collaborate with our apparel team on the development and refinement stages of projects and ensure every product is aligned with the brand values. Blend cutting-edge style with unparalleled functionality for a perfectly executed result.
In this role you will…
- Sharpen your already keen creative spirit and collaborate with a host of visionary people to create memorable brand-focused designs.
- Work with strategic product management, product designers, technical developers, and the communication team to ensure your products meet expectations and tell the perfect story.
- Use your natural people skills and likeable nature to inspire and guide your team where needed. Enable everyone to reach their full potential by providing feedback and refining the team vision.
- Utilise your understanding of brands and their target groups to define design direction and create mood boards, trend research, colour palette definition, and colour strategy.
- Create techpacks to ensure the proper execution of every project and ensure every detail is pin-point accurate – from feedback to suppliers to fittings.
- Apply your confidence and flair to create winning presentations to clients that justify design choices. Negotiate misalignments head-on and use your intuition to know when to negotiate and push boundaries.
- Guide an awesome team of designers from project kick-off to product release and use your exemplary organisation skills to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
We are looking for…
- A background in a high-level creative role (e.g., senior designer with creative direction) ideally in the field of functional / sportswear design.
- The ability to stay grounded when evaluating creative ideas and provide a realistic point of view which stays in-line with the original creative brief.
- High technical knowledge of the active sport segment. Knowledge or interest in the motorcycling world would be a bonus!
- A flexible worker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and takes pride in being highly organised. Enjoys collaboration and instilling confidence in others.
- Someone experienced in guiding a creative team with strong interpersonal skills and a humble attitude. The ability to give and receive honest constructive feedback to nail your design goals.
- Fluency in English. German is a plus.
KISKA is an equal opportunity employer. It’s a no-brainer, but important to mention. Salary compensation is based on current market expectations, as well as your proven skills and experience. We offer competitive benefits to all our employees, from intern to director. Live with the support of our HR team and in the rich diversity and culture of our 5,900 m2 studio. Work according to your schedule with our Flexi-time policy. Play in the alpine playground on our doorstep or throw yourself into one of our social events. What are you waiting for? Your next big adventure is waiting for you.
Like what you see?
What’s it like working in Apparel & Gear Design?
Discover what makes Rosanna, Jorden, and Simon tick in our Hands & Minds series. Get their honest insights into life at KISKA and working in the Apparel Design industry.
Why choose KISKA?
With four global locations, we have a perfect destination for everyone. But no matter which location intrigues you, you’ll find some things stay the same. We are all united by our desire to design cutting-edge products. We’re linked by our dedication to breathe life into every brand experience. And we are proud of our collaboration of professionals from every walk of life – nerds, athletes, musicians, adrenaline-junkies, artists, introverts, extroverts, mums, dads. If you share the vision, you are a Kiskanian.
Check out our common questions
Don’t see your question? Don’t hesitate to get in touch.